The Royal Hunts - Pavillon de la Muette
75
portfolio_page-template-default,single,single-portfolio_page,postid-75,ajax_updown,page_not_loaded,,select-child-theme-ver-1.0.0,select-theme-ver-3.7,fs-menu-animation-underline,popup-menu-text-from-top,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-5.0.1,vc_responsive

The Royal Hunts

The Royal Hunts

1. Queen Victoria had lunch at the pavillon de la Muette with prince Albert and emperor Napoléon III on 25th of August, 1855, during her famous state visit to France. Articles in the british press and a watercolor painting by Hypollite Bellangé (Royal Collection trust) provide an account of the visit, as well as two charchoal sketches by the queen herself.

 

2. Extract from The Independent,  september 1st, 1855 about the Queen’s visit to la Muette

 

3. Postcard from 1911, when the house of the gamekeeper was rented to a local hunting society. Soon after, hunting with hounds stopped in the Saint Germazin area and the pavilion entered the most vulnerable phase of its existence.